Female sexual problems and solutions
Approximately 40-42% of the women all around the world experience some sort of sexual dysfunctions and about 78% of them remain either ignorant or happen to overlook it as a form of taboo. FSD (female sexual dysfunctions) is more common as women age with the lowering of certain nutrients in the female body and certain hormonal changes. Some of the common symptoms include issues with sexual response, arousal, desire, attitude, orgasm or pain. Women affected with female sexual problems often are unable to pleasurably or healthy experience some of the physical stages which generally occur during the sexual activity.
Female sexual problems are generally quite common and may take numerous forms or have different causes. The physical response involves a complex juxtapose of physiology, experiences, emotions, lifestyle and healthy relationships.
Different women from various age groups may experience contrasting symptoms, some of which include:
- Lesser sexual desire. This most prevalent of female sexual dysfunctions involves inadequate sexual interest or willingness to have an intimate relationship.
- Sexual arousal disorder: Sometimes the willingness may be present, but experiencing difficulty with arousal during sexual activity might also occur.
- Orgasmic disorder. An indefatigable difficulty in achieving orgasm post sexual arousal.
- Experiencing pain in certain parts. Experiencing pain related to sexual arousal or vaginal contact which sometimes may even lead to blood flow from the vagina.
- Expansion or Swelling of private parts: The persistent involuntary contraction of the outer portion of the vagina that interferes with vaginal penetration might swell after intercourse or could turn reddish. This might be extremely painful leading to having lower sexual desires.
Female sexual dysfunction may be associated with physical factors, hormonal changes or psychological factors, which sometimes may be interrelated. It could also be an issue with the technique or sexual positions: some women reportedly never entirely experience arousal and thus do not orgasm because either of the partners lacks sexual knowledge. Sometimes they do not realize how female genitals respond or is stimulated. Many do not use proper arousal techniques or indulge in the time for arousal.
- Physical Factors: Any kind of illness or prolonged diseases, including cancer, kidney failure, multiple sclerosis, and heart disease, and bladder problems, can cause sexual dysfunction. Some medications which enhance female sexual problems include antidepressants, blood pressure medications, antihistamines antihypertensive medicines, tranquillizers, and chemotherapy drugs. These might lead to a lowering of your sexual desire and the body's ability to experience orgasm. Surgical removal of the uterus or of the breast may also add up to psychological and sexual dysfunction especially if the woman feels her self-image has deteriorated.
- Hormonal Factors: With menopause comes lower estrogen levels and may lead to changes in the genital organs. Post 52 years of age the sexual responsiveness is often seen to decrease among most women. Reductions in estrogen levels lead to the lesser flow of blood to the pelvic region, which can result in lower levels sensation. This might also result in needing more time to reach orgasm. The vaginal lining with age also becomes thinner and less elastic, particularly if the woman had not been sexually active. These factors can lead to painful intercourse. The body's hormone levels also change after delivery and post breastfeeding, which results in vaginal dryness and affects the desire to indulge in sexual activity.
- Psychological Factors: Clinical depression or high anxiety levels can contribute to female sexual problems. This is also seen in women within the age of 35. Late marriage, worries regarding pregnancy, repeated abortion and demands for reproducing are some of the prevalent causes of sexual dysfunction. Unhappy relationships, marriage failure or contradictions within the family or amongst partners might also lead to the same. Experiences of abuse in the past or current relationships can establish a painful environment and tension which is often associated with psychological or physical pain. Deterring from using lubricants if necessary by partners might cause added pressure and pain which often leads to unwillingness from the female counterparts.
Understanding the cause of sexual dysfunction: The condition where the women are having sexual dysfunctions and its symptoms must be carefully understood by both the partners and then consulting a doctor is of utmost importance. Some results may be discovered through physical and psychological testing.
Hormonal medicines and cure: If the woman experiences a low interest in having sex or having difficulty to arouse especially if it's within the mid-30s the doctor will likely consider causes such as medications, medical conditions such as depression, hormonal changes, or imbalances in ertain neurotransmitters (the brain's chemical messengers). Hormonal medicines might have specific side effects such as an increase in weight or dizziness but eventually might lead to a happier sexual life.
Use of Lubricants: Many women deter from involving into sexual activity because of the pain they experience. This is especially the case when the male counterpart lacks good sexual knowledge or aren't having enough time for the arousal of both the sexes. Increased pressure might sometime lead to blood flow from the genitals or pain in the thighs and pelvic area. Use of lubricants may allow a happier sexual time for the couple.
Medications for Orgasmic disorder: Many women may enjoy in the sexual activity but has difficulty in reaching orgasms. This sometimes might be either due to the lack of knowledge or inefficiency in reaching orgasms. Physicals cause although rare might be due to nerve damage in the brain or spine. Psychological factors may be due to trauma or never having learned how to reach orgasms in the early years. A tensed relationship or a forced sexual intercourse or feelings of guilt may sometimes also lead to the inability to achieve orgasms. Understanding the cause and adhering to ayurvedic means might bring stability to the relationship. More than any other diagnosis understanding with love and care from both the partners is beneficial so that the women overcome any psychological drawbacks.
Female sexual problems can be treated at any age through the use of Ayurveda. Treating this problem through Ayurveda can give you happiness, good strength, potency for producing healthy offspring and overall wellbeing.
Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb also known as Indian ginseng. Using this natural herb for premature ejaculation, impotence, infertility, loss of pain in the pelvic region and a lot more. Ashwagandha helps in a better blood circulation throughout the body and strengthens the entire nervous system.
Moreover, it allows the female body to adapt to anxiety, which is often a significant cause behind libido. Ashwagandha is a natural remedy to strengthen the reproductive system and increase the desires. Consuming this herb with milk and honey may bring desired effects.
Shatavari is efficient at stimulating female fertility. Shatavari sustains the female reproductive organs such as ovary and also efficiently allows the production of eggs. It enhances blood circulation throughout the body, reduces the risk of miscarriage, enhances sexual desire and induces chances of expecting and regulates hormonal imbalance.
Many women consume Maca Root typically as a part of their diet as it is efficiently proven to reduce menstrual cramps and keep hormonal imbalances at bay. It is also proven to may also elevate serotonin levels in the brain which induces sexual willingness and the feeling of arousal.
Believe it or not, the oat is actually an aphrodisiac. The oats help to keep the nerves stable and increase the sexual drive in both men and women. It increases the testosterone levels and thus provides energy during sexual activity. Women who feel fatigue during sexual activity are advised to consume oatmeal once a day.
Popularly known as a natural remedy to enhance the libido in both the sexes, this powerful herb has been consumed over the centuries by many kings. It enhances the physical health by inducing metabolism and increased level of energy which is a must for couples! This is equal to working out without even having to go to the gym. The increased energy levels allow both the partners to enjoy more without having any side effects.
Consuming herbal preparation can assist in rejuvenating reproductive organs and reliving the body from toxicity. Practicing yoga and meditation will help overcome exhaustion and relieve stress build-up within the body. You need to sleep for a minimum of 8 hours per day and avoid consumption of tobacco, alcohol, and heroin and so on. You should avoid hot and spicy food. Exercising regularly will benefit the body's overall health. During this treatment consuming milk products, sweets, urad dal, ghee, and nuts can highly benefit the body. Female sexual problems need to be treated as it might hamper your relationship. As it can have a negative impact on your sexual life and cause your partner to lose interest in you. This disorder can demotivate you from engaging in sexual activity, due to low libido levels.